Help for Frozen Pipes

If pipes are frozen: shut off main water valve before starting to thaw pipes

A hair dryer or space heater can provide enough warmth, avoid kerosene heaters or open flames. Don’t leave heaters unattended.

Turn water main valve slowly to open the line to check pipes and joints for cracks or leaks caused by freezing water.

Call a professional plumber if after a few hours there is no success. They may also have insulation materials or other ideas to prevent future problems.

If the water meter is frozen or leaking, call the Water Superintendent for emergency repair 765-413-6168